Friday, May 28, 2010

You Want Iteration?


...I'll give you iteration.

If the best thing is for students to actually encounter a situation that provokes a question  and the next best thing is to give them an image (static or dynamic) of said situation, then is the third best thing to give them an applet that models the situation?

I only know I shot this because I felt like I needed it, because the alternative is a problem involving savings accounts with different principals and different monthly deposits and none of my kids have savings accounts.


Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the bank account problems either.  But I like race cars.  Lots and lots of race cars.  My students like 'em too.  Red ones.  And green ones. 

Since I don't know how to make the same guy show up on a picture/video in two different places and I don't really feel like going out to the park to run (a bunch of times), I figured I'd let the computer give me some iteration. 

So...

 What Can You Do With This?


Slide 1


Slide 2



Slide 3

                   
Applet's here.

No comments: